NDM7059 - Assembly DebatesTabled on 29/05/2019 | For debate on 05/06/2019
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales declares its unequivocal support for a confirmatory referendum on whatever terms proposed by any Prime Minister that the United Kingdom leaves the European Union, with remain on the ballot paper.
Delete all and replace with;
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales;
1. Recognises that it has been nearly three years since the people of Wales voted to leave the EU and that we are no closer to fulfilling their wishes.
2. Regrets that despite the UK Government spending £9m on a leaflet promising to abide by the results of the referendum and the majority of MPs elected in 2017 standing on manifestos that promised to deliver Brexit, MPs from both main parties have sought to prevent the UK from leaving the EU.
3. Calls on the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to carry out the wishes of the people and leave the EU no later than the 31 October 2019.
Delete all and replace with:
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes that the people of Wales voted to leave the European Union in the referendum held in June 2016.
2. Believes that the outcome of referendums should always be implemented.
After 'ballot paper' insert 'and re-iterates its view that a ‘no deal’ Brexit would be a disastrous and wholly unacceptable outcome.'