1. Notes the current UK Government consultation on reform of the Gender Recognition Act.
2. Recognises that the current system for obtaining a gender recognition certificate is complex, costly and demeaning.
3. Regrets the scaremongering and transphobia around gender recognition reform from sections of the media and those opposed to trans equality.
4. Supports reform of the Gender Recognition Act, in line with good practice in other countries such as Ireland and Norway.
5. Recognises that trans people in Wales experience significant inequality and discrimination, and believes that all trans people have the right to dignity, equality and respect.