To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Welcomes the Welsh Government’s commitment to eliminate hepatitis C as a public health concern by 2030, in line with World Health Organization targets.
2. Congratulates the staff of NHS Wales for their ongoing work to improve case-finding and treatment of patients with hepatitis C.
3. Recognises that hepatitis C remains a leading cause of premature death from liver disease and liver cancer.
4. Recognises that current/past injecting drug use continues to be the most important risk factor for infection, with around half of people who inject drugs thought to have been infected in Wales.
5. Recognises that if we are to tackle hepatitis C infection in Wales, political leadership is required to improve prevention, raise awareness, increase testing and get more diagnosed individuals into treatment and care.
6. Calls on the Welsh Government to bring forward a National Strategy and Action Plan for the elimination of hepatitis C in Wales.